Mustard oil or Sesame oil.
Warm the oil and apply to throat, chest, both sides of nose, cheeks and gently massage. Massage in a round fashion on the neck and back bone, shoulders, sides of stomach, stomach. Also massage with oil on the feet and toes. Take bath after one hour.
Relief from cold and chronic cold and phlegm.
Surya bedha Praanaayaam
Take coconut oil in a ladle (big spoon), add 2 camphor tablets and warm it. Apply the oil to the chest, face, nose during night.
Tablets for cold:
Neem leaves: 100 gm
Black pepper : 50 gm (Fry and make powder)
Sprinkle little water and mix both powders uniformly. Make small balls (equal to size of chana).
Dry them in shade.
Take one to three tabs – one each time (three times) a day depending on severity.
- During cold season avoid cucumber, bottlegourd, lady’s winter to avoid phlegm accumulation .
- Minimise millk, curds, buttermilk, sitting in AC rooms, consuming food from fridge.
- Use honey, candy sugar, old jaggery. Avoid sugar
- Take wheat upma with majjiga charu.
- Avoid chocolates
- Avoid taking ice cream after lunch/dinner.